Only one physician can be officially credited as performing a single TIF procedure. You may be listed if you are teamed with additional TIF-trained physicians in your practice and your volume collectively averages 12 TIF procedures per year.
If you have performed your first TIF procedure (go live) as a newly trained (or retrained) physician in the past 365 days, you will be listed on the site for one year. After the 366th day, if your procedure volume exceeds 12 procedures, your listing will continue to be displayed.
If your volume is less than 12 procedures during the preceding year, the system automatically removes your listing. Because it’s an on-demand automated system there are no warnings or notifications.
If you have extenuating circumstances that contributed to a low procedure volume in any 12-month time period, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to determine if your situation qualifies for an exception.
The number displayed on your physician listing is a proxy phone number that is connected to a telephony switch that automatically links to your “real” phone number. This switch allows us to track how many phone calls are sent from GERDHelp.com to your practice. We get reports of date, time and length of call in seconds and sometimes zip code of the caller. This information allows us to better understand the behavior of GERD sufferers seeking a new option to treat their symptoms.
When your staff answers the phone, they will now hear a message, “This call is coming from GERDHelp.com.” This is their signal to be ready to talk about GERD diagnosis and treatment as well as scheduling a consultation appointment.
Participation in GERDHelp.com Find a Physician listing service includes acceptance of proxy phone number service. EGS uses this system as part of comprehensive ongoing evaluations of its marketing programs.
You may choose to opt out of the GERDHelp.com Find a Physician listing service completely. Please contact email@example.com to have your listing suppressed from display.
Please provide a direct dial 10-digit phone number that doesn’t go to a switch board or automatic call triage system. It should be answered by someone in your office that you’ve designated as the GERD expert.
Patients are able to search based on state and mile radius (5, 10, 20, 50, 100, 200) around a specific zip code. The more zip codes you provide, the more likely your practice location can be found.
We provide visitors that receive a “no physicians are trained at this time” message the option to receive an email in the future when a trained doctor is added. They receive an invitation to come back and search again.
List rankings are determined first by distance from search zip code, then alphabetical order by the physician’s last name.
We list the clinic address where you see patients. You may have up to three separate facility addresses including your endoscopy center, ASC or hospital outpatient department. Submit additional location information here.
Check listing accuracy and completeness:
- Is your name displayed per your preference?
- Is the correct degree and fellowship noted—MD or DO, Fxxxx?
- Is my clinic name and address correct and complete (e.g. suite number)?
- Are all the addresses where I see patients in clinic listed?
- Is the website link displayed live and connected to my practice and/or my hospital profile?
Submit changes here.
Does my practice website:
- Inform visitors that I treat digestive diseases including chronic heartburn/acid reflux/GERD?
- Instruct visitors about the diagnostic tests I am able to provide?
- Educate patients about gastrointestinal anatomy?
- Enable visitors to download pre-appointment materials they can print-at-home before their scheduled date/time?
- Allow patients to complete a GERD-HRQL, RSI or GERSS questionnaire in advance?
- Provide information about treatment options, lifestyle, medications and surgery?
- Devote a page to the TIF procedure?
- If not, help is available from Practis Inc. Encounter Health Content Syndication Service. There is a modest charge for this program depending on which option you choose.
Does my hospital/about doctor profile:
- List all my training—general, fellowship, specialized including the TIF procedure, and a link to GERDHelp.com?
- Academic and society affiliations?
- Link to my practice website (if applicable)?
Submit changes here.
Potential patients may not be able to make a phone call during office hours e.g. GERD sufferers can get symptoms anytime and frequently have trouble sleeping.
GERDHelp.com provides a blinded mechanism for potential patients to request your office call them back to schedule a consultation appointment. This is similar to you calling your answering service for messages.
Please confirm the email address we have for your practice is checked often by your office staff. Submit changes here.
We always list GERD educational events. Please send event details—date, time, place, RSVP, contact phone numbers, speakers, sponsors, event title and description, plus any other information you’d like attendees to know—to firstname.lastname@example.org.